When I woke up this morning, I was thrilled to learn that dwittopinions (http://dwittopinions.wordpress.com/) had nominated me for a One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you!
In accordance with accepting this award ~ these are the guidelines:
* thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post
* share 7 things about yourself
* nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire
* contact your chosen bloggers to let them know
Here are seven things about me that you might not already know:
1. My mother taught me pretty much everything I know about cooking/food/recipe preparation. In honor of Mother’s Day on Sunday, this blog post is for you, Mom!
2. My mother also has an uncanny knack for knowing when a recipe is meant for “show” versus for “eating”. Case in point is a mandarin orange & cranberry side dish (recipe here) that I insisted we prepare for Christmas Dinner last year. The dish looked stunning, but it tasted terrible – bitter, sour and unappetizing are the three adjectives that come to mind. I guess even Bon Appetit doesn’t get it right all the time and I am still learning to distinguish what will make a tasty recipe versus a “pretty” recipe.
3. My boyfriend encouraged me to write this blog because he hopes I’ll be on The Food Network someday. So if in ten years, I’m the next Martha Steward or Rachel Ray, you were reading my stuff here first.
4. The piece of equipment in my kitchen that I use the most is my convection oven. It’s great when you’re cooking for one or want to warm something up quickly without waiting on a full size oven to preheat.
6. While I believe in indulging, most of the time I eat a generally healthy, low-sodium diet with lots of fruits and veggies. Normally, the only (non-alcoholic) beverages I drink are water, skim milk and (decaffineated) tea.
7. There’s nothing I like more than relaxing on my roof deck, enjoying a glass of wine and watching the sunset, all the while hearing the noises of NYC faint and far below.
The blogs I would like to honor/nominate* are:
The Blue House - http://www.1700louisiana.blogspot.com/
Deceptive Domestic - http://deceptivedomestic.wordpress.com/
Frugal Feeding - http://frugalfeeding.wordpress.com/
Nibbles with a Forde - http://forde-nibbles.blogspot.com/
R U Going to Eat That - http://rugoingtoeatthat.wordpress.com/
Savory Simple - http://savorysimple.net/
Snoopy Kitchen - http://snoopykitchen.blogspot.com/
Suburban Academic - http://www.suburbanacademic.com/
Talin Orfali - http://talinorfali.wordpress.com/
Unwind Cooking - http://unwindcooking.wordpress.com/
A Woman’s Paris - http://awomansparis.wordpress.com/
*This list is in NO way comprehensive of all of my favorite blogs that I follow (and also follow me!). I was under the impression that I could only nominate blogs that had not previously been honored, so everyone above has not been (to my knowledge) honored yet.*